I hate to be the bearer of any stress- inducing news but the holidays are here! Did you know Chanukah starts Nov. 28th which is the same day as Thanksgiving? Then we have less than a month for Christmas on Dec. 25th and Kwanza on the 26th. Simply Organized has a plan for you that will help you enjoy your holidays more:
1. Make your gift giving lists now.
2. Take advantage of the Thanksgiving long weekend to write, address and stamp your holiday cards. Even if your traveling, this can be done on a plane or as a passenger in the car.
3. If you enjoy Black Friday shopping, by all means get your holiday gifts bought on Nov. 29th or take advantage of Small Business Saturday Nov. 30th and Cyber Monday Dec. 1st.
4. If you are home Thanksgiving weekend, take the time to decorate your house, go get your tree and or start the holiday baking (you can freeze your cookies and breads and give them away later).
5. If you need any wrapping paper, tags, tape or gift bags, buy them in the next two weeks (hopefully you have some left over from last year – I recommend buying it on sale after the holidays).
6. As you buy your gifts (or they start arriving in the mail) wrap them. If you do a few per night, it’s not as daunting and you don’t have to worry about hiding them.
7. See my previous blog post “Thanksgiving Prep 2013” for tips on dinner meal prep and getting the house ready for guests.
Getting a few of these items done now will mean less stress later and more time to enjoy your friends and family!
*** If you need any help decorating the house or taking down the decorations after the holidays, please give Simply Organized a call at 404-825-2105. We would be happy to help!***