Did you know January is GO (Get Organized) month? January is known for starting fresh and setting resolutions for yourself so why not include get organized to your goals? Getting organized can be easier and more attainable than most people think. In my opinion, it’s a heck of a lot easier to shed stuff than pounds.
The best way to get started is to pick one space in your home, office or life in general and put it on your calendar. Write down your goals for how you want the space to look (what you need it to function as) when it’s finished. Set a timer for 30 minutes and get started.
1. Sort all of your like items and put them together.
2. Get rid of anything broken.
3. Place all duplicates and any items not used in over 1 year in a “donate” box or bag.
4. Place any items that don’t belong in your space in a pile to store or put elsewhere in your home.
5. All items left go back into your new space. Store or place them where they all have a “home” so you can find them easily.
6. Use shelving, backs of doors and under beds in order to get the most out of your space.
Since physical clutter leads to emotional clutter, you will feel better and lighter by getting organized. Hopefully, this will check a few items off of your 2014 resolution’s list.
If you want some hands-on help, please call Simply Organized at 404-825-2105 or e-mail email@example.com..